Kale, pancetta and poached eggs
160 g, (Buy 8x20g slices) fat trimmed
125 g, leaves, chopped (see tip)
½ medium, finely chopped
½ medium, chopped
Apple cider vinegar
1½ tsp, yellow variety
White wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pancetta on prepared tray and bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden.Transfer to a plate. Set aside until cool and crisp.Break into pieces.
- Cook kale in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute or until bright green and just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain. Combine kale, onion and cucumber in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place mustard powder in a small bowl and stir in oil to make a smooth paste. Whisk in cider vinegar and 3 teaspoons water.Stir in mustard seeds until dressing is combined
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a gentle simmer and add vinegar. Carefully break 1 egg into a cup, then slide egg into simmering water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Poach eggs gently for 1-2 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Drizzle kale salad with dressing. Top with poached eggs and sprinkle with pancetta to serve.