Kaffir lime and coconut fish parcels
Kaffir lime leaves
600 g, (4x150g)
3 tbs, 3cm piece, cut into matchstick
1 clove(s), thinly sliced
1 medium, cut into matchsticks
Light coconut cream
⅔ cup(s), (160ml)
1 cup(s), (200g)
1 cup(s), leaves
2 individual, thinly sliced diagonally
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Cut four 30cm squares of both baking paper and foil. Top each piece of foil with a piece of baking paper. Thinly slice 4 lime leaves.
- Place a piece of fish in centre of each piece of baking paper. Top with ginger, garlic, carrot and sliced lime leaf.
- Combine coconut cream and fish sauce in a jug. Pour mixture over fish. Top with a whole lime leaf. Fold both layers of foil and paper to make parcels, pinching edges to seal. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
- Thinly slice remaining lime leaves and place in a bowl. Add coriander and shallots and stir to combine. Serve fish parcels with rice and coriander mixture.