Indian spiced prawns and basmati rice parcels
Dried bay leaf
12 whole, (fresh curry leaves)
2 tsp, finely grated
1 cup(s), (200g)
Pumpkin, butternut, raw
500 g, cut into 3cm pieces
Chickpeas, canned, rinsed, drained
240 g, (1 x 400g can, drained)
1 cup(s), (250ml) salt-reduced
528 g, (buy 24 medium prawns) peeled, tails intact
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
½ cup(s), (120g) to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook the mustard seeds, cumin, coriander, turmeric and garam masala, tossing, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Combine the spices, curry leaves, ginger, rice, pumpkin and chickpeas in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add half the vegetable stock and stir to combine.
- Cut four 40cm-square pieces of foil and baking paper. Place the foil on a clean surface. Top with the baking paper. Spoon the rice mixture evenly among the squares. Drizzle with the remaining stock. Arrange the prawns over the rice mixture.
- Fold the foil and paper in half to enclose the filling. Fold the edges over to seal the parcels. Place on 2 baking trays.
- Bake, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin and rice are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Place on serving plates. Open parcels and spoon yoghurt on top to serve.