Harissa lamb with grilled vegetables and lemon dressing
- Total Time
Harissa is a North African hot chili paste which pairs perfectly with lamb and chargrilled vegies.
harissa2 tsp, paste
lemon juice2 tbs
trimmed lamb leg roast400 g, (Buy 500g) fat trimmed
Zucchini2 small, thinly sliced diagonally
Red capsicum1 large, cut into 3cm wide strips
Eggplant1 medium, (1x400g) cut into 1cm-thick rounds
olive oil1 tbs
fresh flat-leaf parsley1 tbs, chopped
garlic1 clove(s), crushed
boiled brown rice2 cup(s), (340g)
oil spray1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine the harissa paste and lemon juice in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb and toss to coat. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high. Cook the lamb for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover the lamb with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray the zucchini, capsicum and eggplant with oil. Grill the vegetables for 2-3 minutes each side, or until lightly charred and tender.
- Combine the oil, parsley, garlic and extra lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Thickly slice the lamb. Serve with the grilled vegetables, rice and drizzle with the lemon dressing.