Grilled lamb cutlets with Moroccan carrot and beetroot salad
2 bunch(es), baby, unpeeled
3 medium, thinly sliced
French trimmed lamb cutlet(s) or rack(s)
720 g, (Buy 18 x 50g) fat trimmed
middle eastern spice blend
1 tbs, ras el hanout
fresh flat-leaf parsley
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
½ cup(s), (120g)
1 clove(s), crushed
2 tbs, lightly toasted, coarsely chopped
fresh lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Wrap each beetroot in foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread carrot on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with honey. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Cook pearl barley in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Combine lamb, oil and ras el hanout in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook lamb for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover lamb with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Peel beetroot and cut into wedges. Combine barley, beetroot, carrot, parsley and mint in a large bowl. Combine yoghurt, juice and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle salad with pistachios and rind. Serve with lamb drizzled with garlic yoghurt.