Grilled beef and black rice sushi bowl
Reduced salt soy sauce
Beef rump steak, raw
400 g, fat trimmed (Buy 500g)
130 g, (⅔ cup)
1 medium, cut into ribbons
4 large, cut into matchsticks
2 medium, coarsely grated
½ medium, sliced
1 tsp, toasted
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine mirin, half the soy and half the oil in a shallow dish. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave edamame until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain. Peel edamame and discard pods. Divide edamame, rice, cucumber, radish and carrot into serving bowls. Drizzle with remaining soy sauce and oil.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over high heat. Cook beef for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Serve rice mixture topped with beef, avocado and sesame seeds.