Goat's cheese and asparagus frittata
Tangy goat's cheese and fresh asparagus add colour, flavour and nutrients to this vegetarian frittata. It’s delicious eaten warm, or refrigerated and served cold.
200 g, spears, ends trimmed
2 medium, chopped
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
3 tsp, chopped
Soft goat's cheese
100 g, crumbled
Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Cook asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Cook onions, stirring, for 6-8 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon rind, dill and 50g goat’s cheese.
- Cut half the asparagus into small pieces and stir through onion in pan. Pour over egg mixture and gently stir to combine. Top with whole asparagus spears. Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, until almost set. Scatter remaining goat’s cheese and pepitas over top.
- Preheat grill on high. Place pan under hot grill and cook for 3-5 minutes or until frittata is set. Stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
TO REFRIGERATE: Store frittata in a reusable container for up to 3 days. Serve cold or reheat single portions in the microwave.