Gluten-free gnocchi with creamy salmon and green shallots
400 g, unpeeled, scrubbed
½ cup(s), plus extra to dust
4 individual, thinly sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
Light thickened cream
½ cup(s), (125ml)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes or until very tender. Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Peel off skins. Place in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add in egg yolk and salt. Using clean hands, mix in rice flour, in 2 batches, until just combined and a soft dough forms.
- Lightly dust your work bench with extra rice flour. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a sausage shape, 2cm in diameter and about 36cm long. Cut each sausage into 2cm-thick slices to make 36 pieces in total.
- Using floured hands, gently roll pieces into balls. Using your thumb, roll each gnocchi onto the back of a floured fork to create the classic gnocchi shape. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and set aside.
- Place salmon fillet in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked through. Drain. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Using two forks, coarsely flake salmon. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook, three-quarters of the shallot and the garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add lemon rind and cream and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in the salmon and season.
- Cook the gnocchi in 2 batches in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Add gnocchi to salmon mix and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining shallot.