- 250 g dry wholemeal pasta, (penne)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 125 g Hans Bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 large zucchini, cut into batons
- 120 g fresh mushrooms, (button), sliced
- 4 medium fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 individual green shallots, sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) shaved parmesan cheese, (60g)
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until crisp. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tender.
Add tomatoes and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add pasta and shallots and toss gently to combine. Serve topped with parmesan.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed salad leaves. TIP: You can sprinkle the pasta with chopped parsley and/or oregano if desired.