Crispy sesame tofu with kimchi
100 g, drained
1 medium, lightly beaten
3 tsp, black variety
3 tsp, white variety
1 medium, peeled into ribbons
Kimchi (no added sugar)
2 individual, finely sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
2 tsp, white variety
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and place between 2 plates. Weigh down top plate with a full can of food and set aside for 15 minutes. Unwrap tofu and cut into 3cm cubes.
- Place egg and cornflour into 2 separate small bowls. Combine black and white sesame seeds in a third small bowl. Toss the tofu in cornflour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg and finally toss in sesame seeds to coat.
- Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook tofu for about 5 minutes, turning, until crisp and golden on all sides. Remove from pan.
- To make the dressing, combine miso paste, mirin, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide cucumber, kimchi, shallots and dressing evenly between 2 serving bowls and toss to combine. Top with the crispy tofu and serve.