Cinnamon-spiced lamb with beetroot orange salad and herbed couscous
1 tsp, sweet
2 clove(s), crushed
Lean lamb backstrap
480 g, (buy 600g)
2 medium, coarsely grated
8 individual, thinly sliced
½ medium, thinly sliced
Red wine vinegar
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
¾ cup(s), salt-reduced
¾ cup(s), (150g)
2 tbs, chopped
- Combine cinnamon, cumin, paprika, garlic and 3 teaspoons of oil in a medium bowl. Add the lamb and rub all over with the spice mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, peel and segment the oranges, working over a bowl to collect all the juice. Use a sharp knife to peel the rind and pith and remove the membranes. Put the segments in a sieve over the bowl to allow the juice to drain. Do not squeeze. You will need ¼ cup (60ml) juice.
- Combine the orange segments, beetroot, radish, onion, vinegar, orange juice and half the parsley in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on medium-high. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat. Add remaining oil and stir in the couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Stir in coriander and remaining parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb and serve with the salad and couscous.