MEMBER RECIPE BY Sarah Van Dyke. Sarah’s famous date and banana muffins! You’ll love the gooey hazelnut centre.
- 8 individual fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1 medium Banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup(s) white self-raising flour, (75g)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 85 g Nutella, Hazelnut Spread
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a small muffin tin with 15 paper cases.
Place dates in a microwave-safe bowl and add 1½ tablespoons boiling water. Stand for 1-2 minutes. Cook dates on High (100%) for 1 minute. Add bicarbonate of soda and mash dates (mixture will foam up). Whisk in egg and banana until combined. Sift flour and cocoa over egg mixture. Stir until well combined.
Spoon ½ tablespoons of batter into paper cases. Add 1 teaspoon Nutella. Cover with remaining batter. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and tops spring back from a light touch.
- Member recipes by Sarah Van Dyke