Chocolate and almond meringue torte
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Velvety mousse layered between crunchy meringue with a marshmallow centre - dessert doesn't get much better than this.
45 g, slivered
¾ cup(s), (165g)
3 tsp, sifted
Low fat chocolate mousse
1 tsp, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 160ºC fan-forced. Place almonds on a baking tray and bake for 4–5 minutes or until toasted. Cool. Reduce oven to 160ºC or 140ºC fan-forced.
- Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Draw a 25cm x 10cm rectangle on each sheet of baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar, beating until the sugar dissolves. Gently fold in the toasted nuts and cornflour.
- Divide meringue mixture among prepared rectangles and spread evenly. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Cool on trays.
- Stir the Nestle Diet Chocolate Mousse in a bowl until smooth. Place 1 meringue rectangle on a serving plate and spread with half of the mousse. Top with another meringue rectangle and remaining mousse. Finish with remaining meringue rectangle. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve torte sprinkled with raspberries and dusted with icing sugar.