- 1 tbs olive oil
- 540 g skinless chicken breast, Buy 600g. Fat trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika, smoked
- 150 g rice, white, dry
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) Black beans, no added salt, canned, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 small avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh coriander
- 3 tsp Fountain Sauce, Chipotle
Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until carrot has softened. Add ground coriander, paprika and rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add tomatoes, salsa and 1 cups (375ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Return chicken and any juices to pan and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in beans and corn and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Serve chicken and rice topped with avocado and fresh coriander.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed salad leaves, drizzled with lemon juice. TIPS: We used Ranchero brand chipotle salsa, which is available from some supermarkets or delicatessens. If unavailable you could use Tabasco chipotle sauce (add to taste as both sauces are quite hot). Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day, or freeze for up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave.