Chipotle chicken and rice
Raw skinless chicken breast
600 g, (4x150g) halved crossways
1 medium, thinly sliced
2 medium, cut into 1cm pieces
2 clove(s), finely chopped
Rice, white, dry
¾ cup(s), long grain variety (150g)
Canned diced tomatoes
1 400g can, (1 x 400g can)
3 tsp, chipotle variety
Canned black beans, rinsed, drained
½ cup(s), (85g)
Frozen corn kernels
½ cup(s), (80g) thawed
½ small, chopped
½ cup(s), leaves
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until carrot has softened. Add ground coriander, paprika and rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, salsa and 1½ cups (375ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken and any juices to pan and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in beans and corn and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve chicken and rice topped with avocado and fresh coriander.