Chilli lamb steaks with eggplant puree and tabbouleh
Canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
240 g, (1 x 400g can)
Lean lamb leg steak
320 g, (buy 4 x 100g steaks) fat trimmed
1 medium, (300g) peeled, cut into 1cm thick rounds
2 clove(s), unpeeled
Dried chilli flakes
3 medium, deseeded, finely chopped
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup(s), finely chopped
¼ cup(s), finely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the eggplant and garlic on the tray in a single layer. Lightly spray with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Combine the cumin and chilli flakes. Sprinkle the spice mix on both sides of the lamb. Lightly spray a chargrill or non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 3 minutes, to rest.
- Combine the tomato, parsley, mint, oil and half the lemon juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the garlic from skins and place in a food processor with the eggplant, beans and remaining lemon juice. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the lamb with the eggplant puree, the tomato salad, and lemon cheeks.