Chicken tikka masala with saffron rice
skinless chicken breast
360 g, (400g fat trimmed)
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
Indian curry paste
100 g, tikka masala
2 cup(s), (500ml)
½ tsp, (1 large pinch)
1 large, coarsely chopped
1 large, cut into 2.5cm pieces
canned diced tomatoes
frozen green peas
1 cup(s), (120g)
sugar snap peas
200 g, steamed, to serve
- Combine chicken, yogurt, juice and 1 tablespoon tikka masala paste in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove chicken from marinade and place on prepared tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly. Cut into 3cm pieces.
- Place rice, stock, ½ cup cold water and saffron in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is almost tender. Add peas and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add remaining tikka masala paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and any juices and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and chicken is heated through.
- Serve chicken with saffron rice, sugar snap peas and sprinkled with coriander.