Chicken, sweet potato and spinach lasagne
orange sweet potato (kumara)
450 g, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
1 small, finely chopped
1 small, cut into 2cm pieces
2 clove(s), crushed
chicken breast mince
2 cup(s), (520g)
1¼ cup(s), (310ml)
2 bunch(es), trimmed
fresh lasagne sheets
3 individual, (140g)
grated parmesan cheese
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
mixed salad leaves
2 cup(s), (60g)
125 g, halved
1 medium, halved, thinly sliced
1 individual, trimmed, thinly sliced
½ medium, thinly sliced
½ cup(s), (15g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Boil, steam or microwave sweet potato until just tender. Drain.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, red capsicum and garlic, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until softened. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add pasta sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat and stir in sweet potato.
- Meanwhile, combine ¼ cup milk and cornflour in a small bowl. Place remaining milk in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Whisk in cornflour mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Cover the surface with plastic wrap to stop a skin forming.
- Boil, steam or microwave spinach until wilted. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain, squeezing out excess water. Coarsely chop.
- Lightly spray a 26cm x 16cm ovenproof dish with oil. Place 1 lasagne sheet over base, trimming to fit. Top with half the chicken mixture and spinach. Repeat layering, finishing with a lasagne sheet. Top with milk mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, place lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, green capsicum, sprouts, remaining oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Serve lasagne with salad.