- 120 g green cabbage (Dutch white), shredded
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 20 g snowpea sprouts
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs reduced-fat coleslaw dressing
- 500 g skinless chicken breast, (2x250g), fat trimmed, halved horizontally
- 40 g Portuguese, Piri Piri Sauce, (2 tbs)
- 1 tbs low-fat natural yoghurt
- 280 g wholemeal bread roll, (4), halved horizontally
- 40 g coral lettuce, (or mixed leaves)
- 2 medium fresh tomato, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, stone removed, thinly sliced
To make coleslaw, combine cabbage, carrot, snow pea sprouts and onion with dressing and toss to combine.
Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken to 1cm thick.
Combine peri peri sauce and yoghurt and spread over chicken. Heat a large oil-sprayed non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken in two batches for 2 minutes each side or until cooked. Cut each piece in half crossways.
Toast both sides of bread rolls until lightly browned. Place roll bases onto serving plates, top with lettuce, tomato, chicken and avocado. Place tops on rolls and serve with coleslaw.