Chicken banh mi roll
1 tsp, (use 2 tbs for marinade)
2 clove(s), crushed
Raw skinless chicken breast
¼ cup(s), (75g)
1 whole, (310g), cut into 4 even pieces
½ medium, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), leaves
1 x 3 second spray(s)
Rice wine vinegar
⅛ tsp, (use 1 tsp for pickling liquid)
1 small, thinly sliced
1 medium, shredded
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine soy sauce, lime juice and garlic, add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Massage bag to coat chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make picked vegetable, combine vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Add onion and carrot and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Lightly spray a large chargrill pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Cook chicken, turning once for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Thinly slice chicken.
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Remove soft centres from baguette quarters and save for breadcrumbs. Spread 3 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on cut side of each quarter baguette.
- Drain pickled vegetables. Fill rolls evenly with chicken, cucumber, pickled vegetables and coriander.