Chicken and capsicum sandwich with basil aioli
1 medium, cut into quarters
1 medium, halved crossways, thinly sliced lengthways
skinless chicken breast
200 g, (buy 200g)
¼ cup(s), (75g)
2 tbs, finely chopped
½ clove(s), crushed
8 slice(s), (8 x 35g slices)
2 cup(s), (60g)
3 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray both sides of capsicum with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12–15 minutes or until tender and lightly charred. Wrap in foil and set aside to cool slightly (see note). Peel and discard skin. Thickly slice flesh.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray both sides of zucchini with oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until tender (see tip). Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Lightly spray both sides of chicken with oil. Cook for 5–6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool before slicing thinly.
- Combine mayonnaise, basil and garlic in a small bowl. Season aioli with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread half the bread slices with aioli. Top with rocket, capsicum, zucchini and chicken. Sandwich with remaining bread slices. Serve.