canned black cherries in syrup, drained
½ cup(s), (75g)
⅓ cup(s), (75g)
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
reduced fat oil spread
20 g, melted
vanilla bean paste
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 23cm round (base measurement) ceramic baking dish with oil. Scatter cherries over base of prepared dish.
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, milk, spread and vanilla in a large jug until combined. Gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring constantly, until smooth and combined. Set batter aside for 15 minutes.
- Pour batter over cherries and bake for 45 minutes or until just set.
- Meanwhile, place reserved cherry syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until syrup has slightly thickened.
- Cut clafoutis into wedges and serve with syrup.