Burger skewers with special sauce
Pickled cucumber, drained
3 individual, (dill variety), (3 x 25g)
99% fat-free, plain Greek yoghurt, unsweetened
¼ cup(s), (60g)
Reduced sugar tomato sauce
Extra lean beef mince, raw
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- To make special sauce, finely chop one-quarter of 1 pickled cucumber and place in a small bowl. Stir in yoghurt and tomato sauce. Season with pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Cut remaining pickled cucumbers into 16 slices (about 1½cm thick). Cut lettuce into 16cm x 4cm chunks.
- Place beef and onion powder in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Flatten balls slightly to form mini patties.
- Alternately, thread 2 patties, 2 tomatoes, 2 pickle slices and 2 lettuce chunks onto 8 metal skewers.
- Lightly spray a barbecue or large non-stick grill pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until patties are cooked through. Serve with the special sauce.