Buckwheat fried ‘rice’ with turkey and kale
1 cup(s), (200g)
2 medium, lightly beaten
turkey breast mince
1 medium, finely chopped
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
2 tsp, finely grated
fresh red chilli
1 whole, deseeded, finely chopped
300 g, cut into small florets
100 g, chopped
reduced salt soy sauce
2 tbs, chopped
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Cook buckwheat in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a wok with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Pour egg into wok and cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath and just set on top. Slide omelette onto a board. Roll tightly and thinly slice.
- Lightly respray wok with oil and reheat over high heat. Stir-fry mince, breaking up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Lightly respray wok with oil and reheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onion, carrot, garlic, ginger and chilli for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, kale and 2 tablespoons water and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add mince, buckwheat, juice and soy sauce and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes or until heated through. Serve ‘fried rice’ topped with egg and peanuts.