Berry bon bon mille feuille
uncooked filo pastry
reduced-fat ricotta cheese
150 g, vanilla
250 g, Thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), Small leaves
1 tsp, To dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the filo on a clean work surface. Cover with a damp tea towel. Combine the almond meal, icing sugar and half the cinnamon in a small bowl. Lightly spray 1 sheet of filo with oil and sprinkle with one-eighth of the almond mixture. Continue layering with 3 sheets of the remaining filo, oil spray and half the remaining almond mixture between each layer, including on top. Repeat with the remaining 4 sheets of filo, oil spray and almond mixture to make a second filo stack. Cut each stack crossways into 4 pieces, so you have 8 pieces in total. Cut each piece lengthways into 3 rectangles (you should have 24 rectangles in total). Place on the prepared trays.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12 minutes or until light golden and crisp. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, process the ricotta, frûche and remaining cinnamon until smooth.
- Place a filo rectangle on a serving plate.
- Top with a little of the ricotta mixture. Top with a little of the raspberries, strawberry and mint leaves. Continue layering to make 3 layers of filo. Repeat to make 8 mille feuille in total. Dust with extra icing sugar to serve.