Beef with broccoli and Brussels sprout gratin
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
Bega Country Light Cheese, Tasty, 50% Less Fat, Grated
60 g, (1/2 cup)
300 g, cut into florets
2 large, cut into batons
lean beef sirloin steak
540 g, (buy 4x150g steaks)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Bring the milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Dissolve the cornflour in 1½ tablespoons of water. Stir into the milk. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli, sprouts and carrot over a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Set aside the carrot and cover to keep warm. Transfer the broccoli and sprouts to a baking dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli and sprouts. Place the bread in a food processor. Process until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, brush the steaks with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 3 minutes to rest.
- Divide the steaks, broccoli and sprout gratin and carrot among serving plates