Beef rissoles with onion gravy
1 small, thinly sliced
450 g, (500g peeled), coarsely chopped
1 tbs, extra virgin
½ cup(s), (125ml)
grated parmesan cheese
½ cup(s), (40g)
lean beef mince
herb and garlic tomato paste
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
2 tbs, (40ml)
WW Gravy, Brown Onion
1 serve(s), (20g packet)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10–12 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave cauliflower and potatoes, separately, until tender. Drain. Place cauliflower in a food processor with 1 tablespoon oil and skim milk. Process until smooth. Place cauliflower mixture in a large bowl with potato and cheese. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
- Combine mince, cumin, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Shape mixture into 12 even rissoles.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook rissoles for 3–5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make gravy following packet instructions. Add cooked onion and gravy to rissoles and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes until heated through. Serve rissoles with onion gravy and cauliflower mash.