Barbecued octopus and chickpea salad
500 g, cleaned, halved length ways
⅔ cup(s), (160 ml)
Dried chilli flakes
⅛ tsp, a pinch, dried
3 clove(s), crushed
99% fat-free, plain Greek yoghurt, unsweetened
⅓ cup(s), (80g)
2 large, thinly sliced length ways
4 medium, roma, halved length ways
1 medium, thinly sliced length ways
Canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 400g can, (1x400g can)
- Combine octopus, juice, vinegar, paprika, chilli and three-quarters of the garlic in a bowl. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, 2 tablespoons water and remaining garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in fridge until required.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini, tomatoes and eggplant for 2 minutes each side or until golden and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, remove octopus from marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Reheat chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Cook octopus, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until just cooked through. Add to warm marinade and toss to coat.
- Top vegetables with chickpeas and octopus. Drizzle with yoghurt sauce to serve.