Barbecued miso chicken
1 tsp, 2cm piece, chopped
¼ cup(s), (60 ml), dark variety
skinless chicken drumstick
8 individual, (buy 8 x 70 g individuals)
1 medium, cut into florets
1 medium, finely chopped
frozen green peas
⅔ cup(s), (80 g), thawed
2 clove(s), crushed
1 medium, beaten
3 individual, thinly sliced
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Combine miso, mirin, ginger, honey, sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce in a flameproof baking dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a hooded barbecue over medium-high heat (see tip). Turn off burners under flat plate (leaving grill side on). Cook chicken (in dish) on flat plate, with hood down using indirect heat, for 55 minutes, turning and basting occasionally, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a food processor. Using pulse button, process until it resembles rice.
- Lightly spray a wok with oil and heat over high heat. Stir-fry carrot for 4 minutes. Add peas and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add cauliflower and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until cauliflower is just tender (do not overcook). Transfer to a plate.
- Lightly spray wok with more oil. Add egg and swirl pan. When egg is set at the sides, but still runny on top, return cauliflower mixture to wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, scraping sides. Drizzle over remaining soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Stir through shallot and serve with chicken.