Banana custard with golden toffee
8 - 9
PersonalPoints™ per serving
A perfect sweet treat for caramel lovers.
Low fat crème caramel
½ cup(s), (125ml)
2 medium, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), (55g)
- Place 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small jug and sprinkle with gelatine. Whisk until dissolved.
- Combine the tubs of NESTLÉ DIET Crème Caramel and milk in small saucepan over low heat (see tip). Cook, stirring constantly, for 1–2 minutes or until smooth and just warm. Whisk in gelatine mixture. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, mash banana and juice in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk banana mixture into caramel mixture. Strain through a fine sieve into a large bowl. Pour mixture into four ¾-cup (185ml) capacity serving glasses. Place glasses on a tray. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place sugar in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook, without stirring, until sugar begins to melt and become golden (this should take about 2–3 minutes). Pour toffee onto prepared tray. Stand for 15 minutes or until set and cool enough to handle. Break toffee into pieces.
- Serve custards topped with toffee shards.
TIP: Heat milk mixture gently as it may split if brought to the boil too quickly.