Baked rice puddings with cherries
Rice, white, dry
⅓ cup(s), (75g) medium-grain
2 cup(s), (500ml)
Granulated stevia sweetener
¼ cup(s), (55g)
Vanilla bean extract
Morello cherries in syrup
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray four ¾-cup (185 ml) capacity ovenproof dishes with oil. Place dishes in a baking dish.
- Place rice in a sieve and rinse under cold water until water runs clear.
- Bring 2 cups (500 ml) water to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and simmer for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Whisk milk, eggs, egg yolk, stevia and vanilla extract in a large bowl until combined. Transfer to a jug. Spoon cooled rice evenly into prepared dishes. Pour over egg mixture. Using a fork, stir each pudding to distribute the rice.
- Pour enough boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until set and golden. Cool for 5 minutes. Serve puddings topped with cherries.