Asian-style slow-cooked side of salmon
1 hr 50 min
1000 g, (1kg, whole side), pin-boned
1 tbs, (2cm piece), finely grated
3 clove(s), crushed
Reduced salt soy sauce
60 ml, (¼ cup)
¼ cup(s), (half bunch), stems finely chopped, leaves coarsely chopped
- Place fish in a large ceramic baking dish. Combine lime juice, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and coriander stems and leaves in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Drain off excess marinade. Bake fish for 30-40 minutes, depending on thickness. Check fish is cooked by using a fork in the thickest part.
- Pour excess marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over fish. Sprinkle with coriander to serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed mixed Asian greens, such as baby bok choy and gai lan (Chinese broccoli), cooked brown rice and lime wedges. TIP: Ask your fishmonger for a piece of salmon that is of even thickness as this will help it cook evenly.