Asian Pork and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe from Progresso® Light
Sponsored by Progresso® Light
® Value: 8
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep/Cook Time: 30 Minutes
A can of Progresso® Light soup is the secret ingredient in this 30-minute meat-and-veggie skillet dinner.
Asian Pork and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 boneless pork loin chop (4 oz), cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso® Light homestyle vegetable and rice soup
- 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce
- 1 cup fresh snow pea pods
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, if desired (not included in PointsPlus value)
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook rice in water as directed on package, omitting butter.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, place pork, mushrooms and onion; sprinkle with garlic powder. Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until pork begins to brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in soup and stir-fry sauce; heat to boiling. Stir in pea pods. Cook over high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pea pods are crisp-tender.
- Serve pork mixture over rice; sprinkle with almonds. (Almonds not included in PointsPlus value.) Yields about 2 ½ cups per serving.
2008© ®/TM of General Mills