General Community & Community Recipe Swap Ground Rules
Before diving in, check out our community dos and don'ts.
Welcome! We're so glad you've decided to participate in the WeightWatchers.com Community. This is your Community, so please keep it friendly and safe. By participating in the Weight Watchers Community, you're agreeing to observe all of our Community Standards and Conduct Guidelines, which are part of our Terms and Conditions. We've highlighted a few of our important rules as a reminder:
General Community rules
- BE COURTEOUS AND TOLERANT. Please be tolerant of everyone you meet, even if you disagree with their opinions. Don't use language that is threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable.
- KEEP IT CLEAN. Posts that contain vulgar or obscene language will not be tolerated. This includes known acronyms and slang. Please keep photos tasteful, and don’t link to websites that violate any of these guidelines.
- DON'T ADVERTISE OR SPAM THE COMMUNITY. Please help keep our community commercial free. Don’t post or link to unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional items, including promoting a home business, charity drives or items for auction, etc.
- DON'T POST INFORMATION COPYRIGHTED BY OTHERS. Information copyrighted or owned by others, including Weight Watchers®, should not be posted in our Community. Please be aware that if you post any copyrighted information, you will be held responsible. WeightWatchers.com is not responsible for any posts that violate copyright laws. Copyrighted information may include content from another website or our subscriber-only areas, a recipe from a book, images, and Intellectual Property (such as PointsPlus® values of foods, recipes or activities and exclusive details about our food plans).
- DON’T POST INFORMATION THAT VIOLATES THE PRIVACY OF OTHERS. Please be mindful of the privacy of others and don’t post anything that reveals someone’s personal information or that features other people without their consent. Remember that all comments made on any area of WeightWatchers.com are public and not private and may be seen or collected by any person visiting the website and by third parties (notably through the use of online search engines).
- RESPECT OUR WEIGHT WATCHERS COMMUNITY TEAM. Our Community team includes staff and volunteers who've agreed to spend time maintaining a safe, harassment-free online Community. We reserve the right to remove any postings on our boards, and if you fail to observe our Community Standards and Conduct Guidelines, we may terminate your participation in the Community. (See our full Terms and Conditions for more detail.)
Community Recipe Swap rules
Sharing a Recipe
- Once you share a recipe with the Community your recipe will become publicly available and it may be viewed by others or shared by others, including WeightWatchers.com or third party social networking websites. Once posted to the Community Recipe Swap, your recipe will be permanently saved to the Community Recipe Swap and you cannot choose to remove it as others may be tracking your recipe in the PointsPlus Tracker. Only WeightWatchers.com subscribers may post to the Community Recipe Swap.
- Your recipe may be automatically entered into WeightWatchers.com recipe contests, recognition-type features, Recipe of the Day or other events that WeightWatchers.com may host from time to time, subject to these Community Recipe Swap Official Rules.
- The posting of your recipe or the announcement of contest winners may or may not include your name, user name, home city, home state and/or other identifying information.
- Submission of recipes constitutes your express consent to allow WeightWatchers.com to edit, modify, publish, print, display, post, distribute or otherwise use the recipe in any way (print, electronic or otherwise), anywhere in the world, without compensation to you.
- Your participation in the Community Recipe Swap shall be subject to the WeightWatchers.com Terms and Conditions. If there is any discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and these Official Rules, the Terms and Conditions will govern.
- Recipe must be original. An original recipe is the product of one's own mind and is not a copy or imitation of someone else's or a previously published recipe. If the recipe is derived from a previously published one, it must have at least four significant ingredients that are different and the method of preparation changed to qualify.
- Your recipe posting will include: name of recipe, number of servings, the PointsPlus value, recipe image (if you upload one) and your username.
- If you upload an image to accompany your recipe, then (i) you must have the rights to distribute this image, (ii) all individuals shown in the image have consented to the use of his/her likeness and (iii) the image does not violate the Terms and Conditions.
REPORTING A VIOLATION. If you see a post, comment or recipe that violates any of our rules, please help by clicking on the "Report This Post" link. Please don’t report posts based on the identity of individuals, only on the actual content of their post or profile. Our Community team will not take sides of a conflict and will only act on specific violations.