Success Secret #1: Timing is Everything
Why and how to schedule your meals and snacks.
Oh, to have a personal chef would be wonderful, wouldn’t it? You’d have a hearty breakfast prepared every morning, a gourmet packed lunch to take on the go and a hot dinner waiting for you nightly. And of course every delicious meal and snack would be planned out and packed with wholesome Weight Watchers Power Foods.
Now back to reality. Most likely, you're the chef in the house. You probably also have to juggle hectic schedules, never-ending to-do lists, and long work days. But if you wait until 6 p.m. to decide what’s for dinner, the family could end up eating greasy takeout. A few of these last minute "convenience dinners," and before you know it, you've slipped back into unhealthy eating habits.
Planning meals in advance will help to keep you in control and on track — especially when life gets busy. Plus, your choices will be healthier, since you're not making spur-of-the-moment decisions when you're already hungry. Of course, with Simple Start's array of easy, wholesome options for anytime of day, most of the work of choosing well is done for you.
Following Simple Start and attending meetings regularly for the first 4 weeks is a great way to get you on the path to long-term success. Plus, if you attend your meeting for four out of five weeks, you’ll get an award to recognize your commitment! (Speak to your Leader or Receptionist for more info).
5 meal-planning perks
- You'll feel satisfied throughout the day. Research shows that going long spans of time without eating can cause us to become overly hungry and eat more than we should. On Simple Start your hunger and energy levels remain more even and predictable throughout the day. And we recommend that you don't let more than four hours go by without having a meal or healthy snack.
- It gives you structure. Knowing when you'll be eating lets you arrange the rest of your day accordingly — so you benefit from a more orderly, controlled schedule all around. Having a solid meal schedule can also have a ripple effect — helping you stick with other healthy behaviors.
- You can save some cash. Smart food picks don't have to hit your wallet hard. Read some of the ways our Community users keep supermarket costs down. Plus, on Simple Start, you'll save money you'd normally spend on takeout and pre-packaged meals.
- It’s an opportunity to teach kids about healthy foods. Get them into the kitchen with you, prepping meals and learning to appreciate the power of nutritious ingredients and delicious dishes. The more kids learn at home, the easier it will be for them to make smart food choices when at school, at restaurants, and beyond.
- You won't be thinking about food all the time. It might seem counterintuitive, but scheduling meals helps keep your mind off food between meals and snacks because the decision is made. So, you can move on knowing you'll be enjoying a meal or snack at a set time.
Four more ways to make meal planning super easy