® value: 8
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Creamy Chicken Penne from McCormick®
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen small broccoli florets
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 4 oz Neufchâtel cheese, cubed
- 1 tsp McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 tsp McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, finely crushed
- 1 tsp McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, bring half-and-half to simmer in small saucepan on medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream cheese, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and sea salt; whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is well blended. Add chicken; simmer until heated through.
- Place pasta and broccoli in large serving bowl. Spoon sauce evenly over pasta mixture. Toss gently to coat well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 cup