® value: 4
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 15 minutes, plus 1
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ricotta-Filled Crepes with Berries from Smucker’s®
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Sugar Free Preserves
- 3 Tbsp orange juice, divided
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 packets artificial sweetener
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 4 Tbsp Smucker's® Sugar Free Chocolate Sundae Syrups Ice Cream Topping
- To make crepes, in a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, eggs, oil and salt, whisking until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet lightly with non-stick cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons refrigerated batter, tilting skillet quickly for batter to cover entire base of pan. Cook over medium heat until bottom is light brown, about 30 to 60 seconds. Loosen and carefully turn crepe over; cook until bottom is light brown, about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Remove from heat and cool crepe on wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To make filling, in a medium bowl, combine preserves and 2 tablespoons orange juice, stirring until smooth. Stir in sliced strawberries; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, chocolate chips, remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice, artificial sweetener and orange peel; mix well.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons cheese mixture and 1/4 cup strawberry mixture lengthwise down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place on serving plate seam side down. Drizzle with 1/2 Tbsp chocolate syrup. Top with remaining strawberry mixture.
- TIP You may substitute 8 (9-inch) ready-to-use packaged crepes for the homemade crepes in this recipe. Eliminate steps 1 and 2 in the recipe directions. Begin with step 3. Could affect PointsPlus value.
Serving Size: 1 crepe