WW Cancellation Policy | WW NZ
WW Subscription Cancellation and Refunds Policy
What does this Policy apply to?
The WW Subscription Cancellation and Refunds Policy applies to all Digital, Workshop + Digital, Personal Coaching + Digital plans. This Policy does not relate to At Work plans.
Please note that this policy is subject to the WW Subscription Agreement.
How do I cancel my WW subscription?
• Simply call the WW Customer Service Team on 13 19 97 for Australian members or 0800 009 009 for New Zealand members.
• Reach out to us via chat on our website or WW App.
Note that we cannot process cancellation requests at WW Workshop locations.
If you call the WW Customer Service Team, please ensure you have the following information available when you contact us to discuss cancellation:
• Your name and contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
• Your membership number or Card ID Number for Workshop + Digital subscribers (located on your WW Workshop + Digital subscription card)
• Reason for cancellation
• If you consider you are entitled to a refund, please mail us any additional items as described below pursuant to our refund policy and special refund circumstances policy (see below).
When does cancellation of your subscription take effect?
For WW Subscription members on a monthly or "month to month" plan:
• When you cancel, your cancellation will be effective at the end of your current subscription month. Please allow us up to 5 business days to process your cancellation request.
Please note that your WW subscription fees for your current month are generally non-refundable except in special refund circumstances (see the special refund circumstances section below), subject to law.
For WW Subscription members currently on a fully pre-paid plan (i.e. members who are in the initial pre-paid plan period):
• If you have purchased a subscription and are currently on a plan your subscription is non-refundable except according to the below special refund circumstances policy and subject to law. You may cancel your subscription but you will not be able to obtain a refund, unless allowed under the special refund circumstances and subject to law.
• Your subscription is valid for the period of the pre-paid subscription (i.e. that may be 3 months, 6 months or some other period depending on what you purchased). Your prepaid subscription will automatically rollover into a monthly plan if you do not cancel (i.e. advise us that you do NOT want your plan to roll over onto a monthly plan once the initial plan period expires).
• We will process your cancellation/non-rollover of a plan as follows:
- Assuming that you advised of your cancellation before the end of your prepaid period, your cancellation will be effective at the end of your prepaid period. Please allow us up to 5 business days to process your cancellation/non-rollover request. Please note our refund policy as outlined below.
For WW Subscription members currently on a plan where they have not pre-paid in full (i.e. members that are under a subscription commitment but have not paid the full amount upfront):
• If you have purchased a subscription and are currently on a plan your subscription is committed for the full plan period and is non-refundable except according to the below special refund circumstances policy and subject to law.
• Your subscription is valid for the committed period (i.e. that may be 3 months, 6 months or some other period depending on what you purchased). After the committed period, your subscription will automatically rollover into a monthly plan if you do not advise us that you wish to cancel (i.e. that you do NOT want your plan to roll over onto a monthly plan once the initial plan period expires). Please allow us up to 5 business days to process this cancellation/non-rollover request.
• If you cancel during the term of your committed period, your cancellation will be effective as at the end of the committed period and you will be charged the applicable monthly fee for all committed months.
• If you attempt to cancel after you have already been billed for your next subscription month after the plan period, your cancellation will be effective as of the end of your next subscription month. If you would like a refund for that next month, please see details of our refund policy below.
Can I get a refund on my Subscription and what exactly is the WW Subscription refund policy?
Please note that generally, subject to the special refund circumstances outlined below and to law, multiple period plans are non-refundable during the committed plan period or pre-paid plan period, and monthly plans are non-refundable during your current subscription month (i.e. the month of your subscription that you are currently in).
For clarity, the full monthly fee for any month (or portion thereof) of any subscription elapsed is non-refundable, regardless of whether you logged onto our Website or used the respective Fee-Based Offering during that month.
Refunds (when payable) on subscriptions are based on unused subscription months. There are no refunds for your current subscription month/period subject to law, and to the special refund circumstances outlined below.
Subject to law and to the special refund circumstances criteria below, there are no refunds allowed for your current subscription month or plan period.
What is a special refund circumstance?
Notwithstanding any of the above, subject at all times to law, you may also be entitled to cancel and obtain a refund of any unused subscription portion (or be released from your future commitments if you purchased certain plans) if one of the following applies to you (please note evidence may be required):
• You purchased a subscription in person (such as a Workshop + Digital subscription) and are unable to complete the sign up process due to not meeting the health or other eligibility requirements for subscription;
• You reach Lifetime Member status (for Workshop + Digital and Personal Coaching + Digital only);
• You become pregnant;
• You have been diagnosed by a medical practitioner to have a physical or mental illness where it would be detrimental to your health for you to continue with your subscription if this is substantiated by a medical certificate (if requested);
• You need to end your subscription due to death or disability;
• You move more than 20 kilometres from a participating WW Workshop location
• Your WW Workshop location closes and there is no participating location within 10 kilometres of the closed location
• We inform you in writing of some other right you have to a refund
How will special refund circumstances refunds and statutory refunds be calculated?
All refunds provided under the special refund circumstances or as required by law will be provided on a pro-rata basis of unused subscription months. Other refunds allowed under this Policy will be calculated on the basis explained in this Policy.
If I cancel my subscription and am entitled a refund as per this policy, what about the free month I may have enjoyed or for any free premium items I may have received, like a device or a kit?
When you seek and obtain a refund under this policy (i.e. for a special refund circumstance or as required under law), if you have already enjoyed a free month with your subscription (certain 12 month plans come with a free month for instance), or you have obtained a free premium item like a device or a kit, you will need to pay for these, as these discounts and bonuses are for members that remain in their plan for the entire plan duration.
The amount of your eligible refund will be reduced to account for the free month and/or the free item. If your remaining refund amount is insufficient to cover these amounts, your credit card will be automatically charged the difference or you will otherwise be required to make up the difference before your cancellation is processed, subject to law.
Please note that for items like a premium device, the price that you will be required to repay to WW will reduce by a proportionate amount each month of your plan period. For example, if your plan is 12 months and you have received a free device, and you cancel after 6 months, you will be required to pay for half of the item’s price at the time it was provided to you. If you cancel after 3 months (25% into your paid plan period), you will be required to pay 75% of the item’s price at the time it was provided to you.
When/how will I get any refund I am entitled to?
Any refund will generally be issued within 21 days after the date of receipt of your refund request.
Refunds will be issued via EFT or a refund to your nominated credit card. WW does not offer cheque refunds under any circumstances.
What do I need to do to get a refund in a special refund circumstance?
If you are cancelling due to a special circumstance and would like to be considered for a refund, call the WW Customer Service Team:
• Australian customers call 13 19 97;
• New Zealand customers call 0800 009 009.
If you have commenced purchase of your subscription in person but not yet completed your sign-up on our website, please return any materials we request you to return within 7 days of your initial purchase.
In all other special refund circumstances, please return all subscription materials in your possession.
Subject to the above and to law, up-front joining fees are non-refundable.
Nothing in this Cancellation and Refund Policy seeks or acts to limit any consumer rights provided under legislation, including under the Australian Consumer Law (as enshrined within Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and/or the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, if any. If you consider that the services provided under your subscription constitute a failure of WW to meet its statutory obligations, for instance if there is a major failure to provide the services with due care and skill or within a reasonable time, you can always cancel and get a pro-rata refund under these circumstances or keep the contract going and get reimbursed an amount relative to the failure, at your choosing. If there is a minor problem however we will generally fix the issue free of charge within a reasonable period, once you've notified us and you generally won't have the right to cancel or seek a refund. If you wish to discuss your consumer rights under the abovementioned legislation, please contact WW.
The WW Subscription Cancellation and Refunds Policy may be modified at any time.
(Last modified in November 2020.)