Pasta Salad with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Arugula
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 12 min
Other time: 5 min
Tangy blue cheese and salty walnuts add wonderful flavor to this dish. But if blue cheese is too strong for your taste, try crumbled feta or goat cheese instead.
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
6 oz uncooked bow tie pasta, also called farfalle
1/2 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta
2 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves, stems removed
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp chives, fresh, minced
3 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp chopped walnuts, toasted*
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; remove 1 tablespoon of pasta cooking water and save for dressing. Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- Immediately add arugula to drained pasta and toss well. Cover bowl and set aside until arugula is limp, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, stir together vinegar, oil, reserved tablespoon pasta cooking water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add tomatoes and chives to pasta salad; pour dressing over top and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- *To toast nuts, place them in a small, heavy-bottomed skillet and set over medium-high heat. Toast nuts until lightly browned, shaking skillet frequently, about 1 to 2 minutes.
You can access thousands of recipes by subscribing to WeightWatchers.com.
I LOVE this salad! I will toss it ahead of time, keep the dressing seperate and have 4 lunches for the week. Delicious!
This is great, add some grilled chicken for a full meal.
This was a very tasty and easy recipe. My husband (not on WW) enjoyed it as well (probably 2 servings for him) I would make this again.
This is by far one of the tastiest recipes we have tried. You would never know that is is "figure friendly" by the rich, savory flavors. I make this so frequently that I have the recipe memorized!!