Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar, Sweet Onions and Thyme
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Other time: 0 min
The sweet onions deliciously balance the acidity of the vinegar sauce. Sautéed or steamed spinach would be great on the side.
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp table salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
2 tsp olive oil
1 small uncooked vidalia onion(s), cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped, or less to taste
2 tsp salted butter
- On a plate, combine flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat; shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until golden and cooked through, about 7 minutes; remove to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet; sauté over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add broth, vinegar, thyme and remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until melted; spoon sauce over chicken. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/4 cup onion sauce per serving.
- Don't have fresh thyme? Use 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme instead.
You can access thousands of recipes by subscribing to WeightWatchers.com.
excellent will be making again and again
its an excellent recipe, except I put a little less thyme
I really enjoy this recipe. It's fairly simple to prepare from what I generally have on hand, and it's quite delicious. I also enjoy the fact that it's fairly low in points.