Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Other time: 0 min
This casserole-like dish hits the spot when you’re in the mood for a hearty pasta recipe. Serve right away for the best flavor and texture.
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
2 spray(s) cooking spray
12 oz uncooked pasta, gemelli or other twisted pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
1/8 tsp table salt, for pasta cooking water
10 oz uncooked broccoli, small florets (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 tsp salted butter
1/3 cup(s) fresh breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), diced
1 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp-variety
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a shallow 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water according to package directions, adding broccoli to water 3 minutes before pasta will be done; drain pasta and broccoli and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add bread crumbs and cook, stirring often, until light golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer crumbs to a small bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- In same saucepan (wipe clean if necessary), whisk together milk and flour until blended; add onion. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Pour over cooked, drained pasta and broccoli; toss to mix and coat.
- Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle top evenly with bread crumbs. Bake until bubbly at edges, about 20 to 25 minutes. Divide into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
You can access thousands of recipes by subscribing to WeightWatchers.com.
This was a really good recipe. I added diced chicken
Added paprika to bread crumbs. Hot sauce to cheese sauce.
Delicious! Definitely felt like I wasn't eating for a diet.
Added extra cheese to recipe and made with 1% milk. Added chicken breast for my daughter and she really liked it. Definitely recommend