Broccoli with Lemon-Garlic Crumbs
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 6 min
Other time: 0 min
Steamed broccoli is okay. But broccoli tossed with buttery lemon-and-garlic bread crumbs is a definite home run.
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
1 pound(s) uncooked broccoli, florets, fresh
1 Tbsp regular butter
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs, panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp table salt
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place broccoli in a steamer basket and set over water. Cover pot and steam until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes; drain. Alternatively, you can cook broccoli in microwave.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bread crumbs, increase heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in lemon zest and salt.
- Spoon broccoli into a serving bowl and toss with crumbs. Yields about 1 cup of broccoli and 2 tablespoons of crumbs per serving.
- Look for panko in the ethnic aisle of your supermarket or in an Asian grocery store.
Try the same recipe with spinach, kale or collard greens.
Use the bread crumb mixture for oven-frying chicken and fish, too.
We're sorry, WeightWatchers.com recipe reviews are not available at the moment. Please check back later.