Wild Mushrooms on Polenta Rounds
Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 18 min
Other time: 0 min
Upscale convenience foods like prepared polenta logs and sliced wild mushrooms make easy work of this fabulous party appetizer.
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
This recipe cannot be posted due to an inappropriate word. Please edit
your recipe and post again.
Your recipe cannot be posted at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Oops! The Community is currently unavailable. Please check back later to post your recipe. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
17 oz cooked cornmeal, in the form of a prepared polenta log, sliced into 16 rounds
2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
8 tsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided (Parmigiano Reggiano recommended)
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/4 pound(s) fresh mushroom(s), shiitake caps and Baby Bellas, sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp rosemary, fresh, chopped
1/4 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
3 Tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 cup(s) water
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil (for easy clean-up) or coat pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange polenta on pan in a single layer. Lightly coat polenta with cooking spray and sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of cheese; bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- While polenta rounds bake, prepare mushroom topping. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir cream cheese and water into skillet; cook over low heat until cream cheese melts and mixture looks creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To assemble, place about 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture onto each polenta round. Sprinkle each round with 1/4 teaspoon cheese; sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Yields 2 polenta rounds per serving.
- You can make the polenta rounds and top them with the mushroom mixture a few hours before you plan to serve them. Just reheat them in a 350ºF oven for about 10 minutes. Then create a festive serving platter garnish using rosemary sprigs and some fresh or dried cranberries.
You can access thousands of recipes by subscribing to WeightWatchers.com.
I made this with vegan cream cheese and it was amazing!
Yummy!!! Easy to make. Big impact at parties. Will be a hit this year at the Holidays
I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! They are rich and creamy and a great appetizer.