Wild mushrooms on baked polenta
- Total Time
Crisp, earthy, delicious. It's easy to spoon on the mushroom mixture and eat them immediately, though you can make these savory little rounds ahead of time. Just reheat in a 350ºF oven for about 10 minutes before serving. It’s a perfect gluten-free option!
fat free ready-to-eat polenta (in tube)18 oz, sliced into 16 rounds
grated Parmesan cheese8 tsp
olive oil2 tsp
fresh mushroom(s)1 ¼ pound(s), mixed, tough stems trimmed, sliced
garlic clove(s)2 medium clove(s), finely chopped
rosemary1 ½ tsp, chopped
table salt¼ tsp, or to taste
black pepper¼ tsp
Neufchâtel cheese3 Tbsp, (light chream cheese)
fat free vegetable broth¼ cup(s)
fresh parsley2 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Arrange polenta on baking sheet in single layer. Lightly coat polenta with nonstick spray and sprinkle each round with 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan; bake until Parmesan is lightly browned, 15−18 minutes.
- While polenta rounds bake, prepare mushroom topping. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until they release most of their liquid, about 12 minutes. Stir in garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir cream cheese and broth into skillet; cook over medium-low heat until cream cheese melts and mixture looks creamy, 2−3 minutes.
- To assemble, place about 2 tablespoons mushroom mixture onto each polenta round. Sprinkle each round with 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan and garnish with parsley.
- Serving size: 2 polenta rounds