This easy supper combines penne with delicious roasted veggies. Adding lemon zest, basil and Parmesen at the end of cooking gives the dish bright, bold flavor.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus
- 2 medium uncooked leek(s)
- 6 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz uncooked penne
- 1 pinch table salt, for cooking pasta
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, (use a high quality Parm for the best flavor)
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
Cut leeks lengthwise and soak in a bowl of water; rinse well to remove dirt and cut white and light green parts into1-inch pieces. Trim asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
Toss asparagus, leeks and tomatoes with oil, kosher salt and pepper; spread evenly on prepared baking sheets. Roast, stirring once halfway through, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package instructions; reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water and then drain pasta.
In a serving bowl, toss together penne, cooking water, roasted vegetables, basil, garlic, and lemon zest; garnish with Parmesan. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving.
- Add some cooked diced chicken or shrimp to make it an even more substantial meal (could affect SmartPoints value).