White Bean-Tuna Pasta Salad
- 4 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, fusilli
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup(s) canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 1/2 oz roasted red peppers (packed in water), water-packed, drained, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz water-packed tuna fish drained
- 4 tsp capers
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain again.
- In a large bowl, stir together broth, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add cooked pasta, beans, roasted peppers, onion and parsley; toss to mix and coat.
- Break tuna into bite-size pieces and add to bowl; toss gently to mix. Add capers and zest; gently mix. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
It's easy to make this recipe without much planning since you're likely to have most of the ingredients on hand.