When the hot veggies hit the kale, they wilt it slightly so it’s nice and tender.
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp water, warm
- 4 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s)
- 2 cup(s) Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 8 cup(s) uncooked kale, baby variety
- 3 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), sliced
Whisk together vinegar, water, mustard, oil, thyme, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; set aside.
Coat a large nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, 5-7 minutes.
Place kale in a serving bowl; top with sautéed vegetables. Toss with dressing; top with sliced egg.
Serving size: 2 c salad with 2 Tbsp dressing