There's no actual pasta in this recipe but spiralized vegetables do a fab job of mimicking the real deal.
- 6 Tbsp reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 small yellow summer squash, spiralized
- 1/2 large uncooked carrot(s), spiralized
- 1 medium uncooked shallot(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soft-type goat cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Heat 1/4 c broth in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; saute squash, carrot and shallot until tender, 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 Tbsp broth, 1 Tbsp cheese, lemon zest and juice; cook on low heat, stirring, until cheese melts.
Remove skillet from heat; stir in chives. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 Tbsp cheese.
Makes 1 serving.