- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray, or enough to coat pot
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), coarsely chopped
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cup(s) fat free chicken broth
- 15 1/2 oz canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat. Add onion, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
Stir in pumpkin, broth, beans and oregano; simmer 8 minutes.
In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. (Note: Make sure not to overfill blender in order to avoid splattering.) Return soup to pot and reheat; season with salt and pepper.
To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese. Yields about 1 cup per serving.