Sweet-Orange Roasted Baby Carrots
- 1 pound(s) uncooked baby carrots
- 1 tsp orange zest, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice, fresh
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss all ingredients together in a 13 X 9-inch baking pan until well-coated. Cover with foil and bake, shaking pan once to toss, until carrots are crisp-tender, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Uncover pan and roast until carrots are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
If the kids will go for it, add some "zing" by tossing in grated fresh ginger before roasting.