- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 24 oz bottled reduced fat pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or line with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and salt. Roll into thirty 1 1/4-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, shaking pan every 5 minutes for even browning, about 10 to 15 minutes.
While meatballs are baking, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Pour sauce into a large saucepan over medium-low heat to warm.
When ready to eat, toss meatballs with sauce and serve over spaghetti; garnish with basil.
Serving size: 5 meatballs and 1 c spaghetti with sauce
- These meatballs freeze well and also make great sub sandwiches.